Technical Project Managers
VERVE partners with some of the world’s leading businesses and provides innovative solutions offering the same expertise of a Big Four firm or larger management consultancy. With VERVE, you keep control of the entire process as we help you reach your company goals.
Our Technical Project Managers are responsible for the overall business management of software and database development projects from the project initiation through, collection of business requirements, design, development, through production and final delivery. More specifically, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Structuring and managing the delivery of multiple integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs of multiple projects
- Preparing detailed project plans, strategies and project management plan for the implementation of an engagement within the standards of project management methodologies.
- Defining project scope by working closely with the customer to identify specific requirements.
- Development of a project plan detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily tasks.
- Creating goals and milestones within a project to ensure commitments are achieved.
- Providing direction to project teams including assignment of individual responsibilities, tasks and technical functions.
- Coordinating and actively participates in all stages of project development
- Acting as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, information technology and outside vendors.
Project Governance / Risk Management
- Supporting project initiatives, including identifying and analyzing preliminary business needs, budget considerations, time and resource estimates, defining the project scope and objectives, and securing business user approval.
- Communicating to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential customer escalation issues. Escalates immediately when targets will be missed.
- Proactively following escalation and change control processes and clearly communicates project impacts.
- Management reporting
- Leading and coordinating project update meetings, and documents project status and issues.
- Actively pursuing issue resolution, and communicates project status / issues to business stakeholders operational management.
- Managing the delivery of complex solutions or product development initiatives on multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities
- Acting as a single point of contact for stakeholders.
- Ensuring high quality work is delivered with the most efficient use of company resources
- Coordinating cross functional staff activities and communications
- Maintaining project status documents and ensure proper governance
- Creating and manage budgets and schedules
- Collaborating with Business Optimization Managers on resource planning and allocation across projects
- Reporting timely to Business Optimization Managers on status update and risk assessment
- Maintaining and action all issues impacting deliverables, schedules, and budget with thorough documentation consistently and transparently
- Communicating schedule and scope changes
Education /Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certification in Project Management strongly preferred (PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2).
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- Six Sigma Certification preferred
- 5+ years managing software and database development projects
- Expertise with Project Management tools / software
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
VERVE is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.