A large Fortune 50 firm has been engaged in several large merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions. Specifically they required a seasoned financial consultant to assist with various technical accounting projects, performing due diligence and meeting time-bound objectives.
As an interim member of our client’s technical accounting advisory team, VERVE reviews transaction contracts to provide accounting guidance and to propose alternative structures to achieve the desired results. VERVE’s role on this highly visible technical accounting and Excel driven initiative included project management and coordination with the functional groups, and technical assistance.
- Providing due diligence support and purchase accounting guidance to divisional operational, financial, and legal staff
- Helping to ensure that business and accounting, both internal and external, objectives are met
- Identifying and analyzing the accounting and reporting issues of acquisitions, divestitures, collaborations, co-promotion and licensing arrangements and strategic investments
- Reviewing proposals, contracts, term sheets, executive summary memos, and other related documents in addition to holding discussions with appropriate Company personnel
- Providing leadership on a strategic balance sheet segmentation project